Some of the future projects of SAFIC for which a part of the research has already begun:
1. Voice Culture and Sanskrit – This project aims at using certain materials of Sanskrit in preparing a proper training program for voice culture based on ancient Indian knowledge. It aims at dealing with the problems with the voice and their remedy, different exercises for training the parts involved in voice production, and many other issues related to voice culture.
2. Devimahatmyam – This project aims at bringing the Devimahatmyam of the Markandeya Purana in an insightful manner to all those who are aspiring to grow through this. Through a multimedia presentation, the entire text of the Devimahatmyam will be presented both in Devanagari and Roman English. Translation of the entire text with explanatory notes will be there for helping the readers or viewers to understand the contents in depth.
3. Sanskrit and Speech Language Pathology – Due to its scientific structure, Sanskrit can be a valuable tool for evaluating and rectifying speech disorders.This project aims at establishing the role of Sanskrit in speech-language pathology. This would involve elements such as the study of ancient texts to find out the speech disorders identified during those times, understanding the measures that were taken up to rectify these disorders, and creating an alternative module using Sanskrit sounds and other elements of Sanskrit for an easy and effective rectification of the functional speech disorders.
4. Upanishads in the light of Sri Aurobindo – The Upanishads are records of the deepest spiritual experiences of the ancient Indian Rishis of that age. It is from here that the entire systems of Indian philosophy and religion and spirituality have drawn their inspiration and the energy for their growth and enrichment. The project aims to present the major Upanishads in the light of Sri Aurobindo, not as a return to the past but as an inspiration for the future.
5. Vedas in the light of Sri Aurobindo – The project aims at exploring various elements associated with the Vedas such as the Vedic deities, the Vedic legends, the symbolism of Vedic sacrifice, the seers of the Vedic mantras and so on. The project shall highlight Sri Aurobindo’s contribution towards Vedic research, his interpretation of the Vedic RIks, and his writings such as the Secret of the Veda and Hymns to the Mystic Fire.
6. The Healing Power of Chandas – Chandas are the meters in Sanskrit language that have been inspired from the rhythms of Nature and her creations. They are an important and highly developed tool reflecting and representing the great creative universal rhythms; they lend an aesthetic value in dance, music and language making one conscious of the beauty, harmony, symmetry and proportion present in nature. This project aims to understand the healing benefits of the various Chandas in Sanskrit poetry.